Join the team that helps to make our campus more beautiful every year! We are always looking for new ideas, fresh energy, and skills to make beautification projects happen!
Dear McKinley Families,
The Beautification Committee invites you and your family to join our team! We meet several times each year and would love for you to get involved in our planning and projects!
In the last year, we’ve focused on campus clean ups and planting throughout the campus, as well as targeted support to the school garden, which is a key component in our school’s curriculum. We welcome fresh ideas and new volunteers.
Since 2013, the Beautification Committee has completed the following projects and events at McKinley:
- Joint Use Park concept approved by the City and built by SDUSD
- New IB signs
- Ceramic Donor Tiles installed at the tree planters by the outdoor steps
- Mosaic Tree Mural
- Tree Pose Sculpture Repair and Signage
- The Native Plant Garden on the slope by the entry ramp
- New Murals
- Utility box painting
- School Garden and Outdoor Classroom Expansions
- Teacher’s Lounge Makeover
- Construction of a shed and raised beds for the garden
- Rain barrels throughout campus for garden use
- Green Day Campus Clean Ups and Landscape Projects (large scale)
- Beautification Committee Campus Clean Ups and Planting (small scale)
Want to help? Please join us for a Committee Zoom meeting on March 21 at 7pm. We welcome new faces and ideas!
Meeting ID: 856 9869 4947