The Facilities and Beautification Committee was formed to create a school, community and School District awareness of our campus needs and school enhancement opportunities. We always welcome fresh ideas and new volunteers, see contact information below if you’d like to get involved!
The Beautification Committee has been busy in the past few years! As quick recap, here are some of the projects we have completed since 2013:
- Joint Use Park concept approved by the City and built by SDUSD!
- New IB Signs created and hung along the chain link fence surrounding the school. Design services and installation was headed by parent, Matt Hale.
- Ceramic Donor Tiles installed at the tree planters by the outdoor steps.
- Mosaic Tree Mural designed and installed at the corner of the auditorium building. The project was lead by artist, Rob Tobin and funded by private community donations through Donor’s Choose.
- Our Tree Pose Sculpture was repaired and new signage was added. The sculpture artist, Brennan Hubbel lead these efforts and signage donated by parent, Matt Hale.
- A Native Plant Garden was started on the slope by the entry ramp to the school yard.
- New Murals on campus.
- More Utility boxes painted.
- Expanding the School Garden and Outdoor Classroom areas
- Creating more tiles to be installed as an annual 5th Grade legacy project.
- Teacher’s Lounge makeover.
- Construction of a shed and additional raised beds for the garden.
- Installing rain barrels throughout campus for garden use.
Want to help? We’d love to hear from you! Please contact:
Jennifer Spencer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Scoggins: email@example.com
Marney Jensen: firstname.lastname@example.org