For those that need a device and/or Internet access:
McKinley’s computer pickup day is Wednesday, April 22nd, 12:30 – 4:00 at San Diego High School.
Arm yourself with patience. I’ve been told the lines are long, however they have been moving relatively quickly.
You are going to access the delivery point via 16th Street as if you are driving to the football field.
Pick Up Procedures:
When you arrive at the location, please adhere to social distancing guidelines and have your nose and mouth covered. Staff will be adhering to the guidelines on social distancing and following protocols to protect everyone. All laptops will be sanitized prior to distribution and must be returned at the end of the school year. We will be offering both drive up and walk up distribution processes:
Drive Up Directions:
Please remain in your vehicle at all times and follow directions for the designated path. A staff member will come to your vehicle to record student information. When a staff member returns, open your trunk and the device will be placed inside.
Walk Up Directions:
Form a line in the designated area and maintain the 6-foot social distancing protocol. Please do not bring anyone other than those absolutely necessary. Keep your family close together, to make the 6-foot distance between families easier.
Write the following information in large print on a sheet of paper that can be easily ready by staff members from a distance of at least 6 feet. Carry this with you to the line or place on the dash or your car and be prepared to show it to staff.
- Your child’s name
- ID number (this is your child’s lunch number which they probably know)
- Date of birth
- Home Address
Hot Tips: Before you leave the parking lot:
- Check to ensure the cord fits the computer
- Make sure all the keys are on the keyboard
- In the event you do not have internet, qualifying families within the Cox service area are encouraged to sign up for the Connect2Compete program. This program offers free Cox installation and internet services for 60 days.
- Or, call the Cox2Connect Family Support Line for assistance with application: 1-619-260-2460, Press Option 1.