Please review this commitment with your child/children and check off every item. By checking off each item you and your child/children are agreeing to the terms on this commitment form.
- I will treat my fellow performers and my directors and chaperones with respect and kindness.
- I will use appropriate language at all times.
- I will listen to and respect the directors and chaperones.
- I will arrive to rehearsals on time and with the materials I need.
- I understand that if I am not picked up by a parent/guardian promptly after each rehearsal, I may be removed from the show.
- I understand that preparation and practice must take place outside of rehearsal, and I am willing to do that.
- If the director feels I am behaving inappropriately, I may be asked to leave the rehearsal or, my parent/guardian may be asked to attend rehearsals.
- If the director feels I am creating/contributing to an unsafe/unsupportive environment, I may be asked to leave rehearsal or be removed from the show.
- I will be at Lincoln High School for the Variety Show performance on March 12, 2020 by 4:30 p.m.
You will be asked to sign a commitment agreement during the registration process. You will be agreeing to give permission for your student to participate in rehearsals after school from 3:45 – 4:45 p.m. (for 5th graders, 3:45-5:15 p.m.) You understand that you are responsible for your own child from the time school ends, 3:00 p.m., until rehearsal begins, 3:45 p.m.
Photography and Performance Video
In the course of participating in the McKinley Variety Show, students will be photographed and videotaped by volunteers and professionals. By signing the agreement, you agree to have your student photographed and videotaped as a Variety Show participant. The photographs will be displayed at McKinley Elementary School and the McKinley PTC website of McKinleyPTC Facebook page. A video DVD of the performance will also be available for purchase.
Parent/Guardian Sign-Out after Rehearsals
Variety Show volunteers do not assume responsibility for your child once rehearsals have been completed. Parents or guardians must FIRST check-out with a designated volunteer before picking up their child/children at the end of each rehearsal. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure their child has a safe plan for getting home. By signing the agreement, you agree to these terms.
It is important that we are made aware of any special needs, emotional or behavioral issues that could impact your child’s experience in the Variety Show. Please email us.
Parent Volunteering is Mandatory
Putting on the Variety Show will not be possible without the help and involvement of participants’ families. Each family is expected to contribute in some way. Please refer Variety Show Volunteer page for information on the many ways you can satisfy your volunteer requirement. Thank you.