APPLICATION PERIOD: January 9th – 12th (online only)
1/6/20 – ***UPDATE- New ASE class added!*** Course Title: CLAY CREATIONS
1/7/20 – ***UPDATE – Gardening canceled!***
Please visit ASE Class Descriptions for more information
The McKinley School Foundation and McKinley Parent Teacher Club are pleased to offer After School Enrichment (ASE) Program classes this semester. The ASE Program is comprised of classes offered by various organizations. Parent volunteers coordinate these classes for the convenience of McKinley families.
Classes will meet on Thursdays for 7 weeks January 23th – March 5th. Classes will be offered in two sessions:
- Session A, 12:20 – 1:20 pm
- Session B, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
WINTER ASE Registration starts Thursday, January 9th at 7:30 am!
NEW! Online registration will only be OPEN during the following 2 enrollment periods:
- Period 1: January 9th 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- Period 2: January 9th 7:30 pm to January 12th 7:30 pm
Online applications will be available on a first come, first serve basis starting January 9th at 7:30 am. The first registration will close at 9:00 am and will reopen later in the evening at 7:30 pm. You will be notified immediately by the online application if your child been accepted into the class. Each class has limited spots available, varying between 14 to 25 students per class. You can request a full or partial scholarship at the time of registration and you will get a separate e-mail confirming whether or not your scholarship was granted. Limit 1 class scholarship per student, based on funds available. If you need alternative arrangements for registration, please email us at email@example.com. The application form will only accept payment if your child is successfully registered. Once you have paid and registered, there is no changing classes. There are no refunds for ASE classes.
We are excited to be offering 4 new classes this winter: Bridge, Clay Creations, Music Around the World and Veterinary Sciences!
The updated class offerings are as follows:
Winter 2020 ASE Schedule
NEW! All classes are the same price of $85. The list price will cover payment for the facility permit, insurance, instructors, and materials.
|Class||Session A||Session B|
|12:20-1:20 PM||1:30-2:30 PM|
|Clay Creations (NEW)||K-2nd||3rd-5th|
|Music Around the World (NEW)||TK-1st||2nd-5th|
|Veterinary Science (NEW)||2nd-5th||TK-1st|
Before Registering:Top of Page
- Review Winter 2020 program and schedule – ASE Winter 2020
- Review ASE Class Descriptions with your child. Select a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Note that grade ranges will be strictly enforced.
- Have your credit card or debit card ready to pay through Square.
- Know your child’s teacher’s last name.
- Have ready email addresses & phone numbers for 2 parents/guardians or another emergency contact as it will be required.
- Complete the online form at ASE: Apply & Pay Online .Note that full classes will appear in gray.
- You must complete the payment step for your child to be enrolled.
- You will receive a confirmation of your class selections and a separate email confirming your payment.
- Classes will fill up on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, so don’t delay.
- Please review the options with your child(ren) ahead of the application window. 75% of registrations happen in the first 10 minutes!
- Make sure that you sign up for the correct class according to your child’s age/grade. If you will be dropped from your selection if your child does not meet enrollment criteria.
- Continue to check the registration page until Sunday, January 12th as spots may open up.
Please consider donating to the ASE scholarship fund so that we can make this program available to as many students as possible.
We need volunteers to help with escorting TK, K & 1st-grade students on Thursdays. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/OHwvaXJ
If you have questions about volunteering for ASE Thursdays, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Volunteering.”
McKinley ASE Committee:
- Blair Hartwell (Chair)
- Kristen Peairs
- Helen Chan
- Donna Maytum
- Clare Crawford
- Pauline Treviño
- Tom Hartwell
- Kat Robinson
- Rachel Levin
For more information, to volunteer, or to donate to future programs, please contact the ASE Committee at email@example.com.