We need your help! Whatever your skills or time availability, there is a volunteer opportunity for you. To see the full list of volunteer opportunities, click here. Here are some of our immediate, upcoming volunteer needs:
Translators: Spanish translators are needed for translating PTC information to our Spanish-speaking parents, including our bi-monthly newsletters. Contact: Barbara Bovee – email@example.com.
Sign Up to Be a Room Parent: Be a room parent in your child’s class or be a room parent coordinator for the grade (one needed for each grade). Contact: Sarah Scalo – firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Nunamaker – email@example.com
Fifth Grade Fundraiser at the Open House on Sept. 24: Fifth grade parents and students are needed to help serve Root Beer Floats at Open House 5:30 – 5:50pm. Contact: Nancy Dill – firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Day, Sept. 24: Come help sign up new parents to learn about our programs and committees (Before School, Pick-up and Open House Evening shifts available). Contact: Sarah Scalo – email@example.com or Amy Nunamaker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Committee Events: Lead or join the committees for one of our many fundraising events, specifically:
* Arts and Crafts Market: Event scheduled for Saturday, November 7th from 10am – 5pm; first committee meeting will be Wed. Sept. 16th at 7pm at Grant’s Marketplace (2953 Beech Street). Contact: Brooke Evans – email@example.com. See a list of volunteer opportunities here.
* Jog-A-Thon: Event scheduled for Thursday, October 8th. Our first committee meeting is Wednesday, Sept. 16th at 3:00 in the teacher’s lounge. Help brainstorm on t-shirt sponsors, boosting sponsorships for runners, prizes, and getting Padres, Chargers and/or community leaders to come and present prizes and trophies. Contact: Elaine Shanker – firstname.lastname@example.org or Patti Piagga – email@example.com
* Parents Night Out: Run the monthly Parents Night Out program ($20/per kid with teachers sitting). Contact: Grant Ferrier – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Greeting Card Program: Head up this fundraiser that will use students art to create holiday cards. Contact: Grant Ferrier – email@example.com
* Catering or Food Prep: Volunteers needed for various events. Contact: Grant Ferrier – firstname.lastname@example.org