About the School Site Council (SSC)
- Establishes school goals and objectives
- Reviews and approves program modifications
- Authorizes categorical expenditures related to Title 1 monies Monitors academic progress and evaluates outcomes.
The SSC’s Responsibility
- Ensure that services meet the needs of special student populations
- Oversee the Site Plan for Student Achievement
This powerful committee ensures an outstanding and inclusive education program for all students at McKinley Elementary.
District Advisory Council (DAC)
The council elects two members to act as District Advisory Council (DAC) representative and alternate. These reps attend DAC meetings on the third Wednesday of every month.
- Regularly attend SSC meetings, which take place on the first Tuesday of the month from 4:00 to 6:00 pm in the Media Center
- Become knowledgeable about state and local educational issues related to assessment, curriculum, and instruction.
- Review district policies and procedures regarding categorical programs and budgets.
- Communicate SSC business with their constituent group; serve as a liaison between the SSC and their peers.
- Serve on sub-committees to perform tasks to assist the SSC.
- Focus on improving student achievement for all students.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND SSC MEETINGS!