McKinley Elementary Variety Show 2019, A Night At The Movies!
4777 Imperial Ave,
San Diego, CA 92113
- Tickets: Parent volunteers will start selling them at 5:00 PM. $6 adult and $5 children. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
- Concessions: Parent volunteers will start selling pizza, snacks and drinks at 5:00 PM. CASH ONLY.
Doors open at 5:40 PM for seating. Show starts at 6:00 PM
No food/drinks are allowed inside the theatre.
**Variety Show Performers**
- Please drop-off your children at the theatre 4:30 PM prompt. We will practice the two big group numbers for the first time in the Lincoln Theater, get children situated in the green room, etc.
- Children must be “stage ready”; costumes on, hair done, etc. If children use props in their performance, please remember to bring them.
- Please provide a snack/ dinner and drink for them to eat before the show starts. A labeled paper bag is preferred. Food and drinks are ONLY allowed outside of the theater. The kids will have an assigned area (court) to eat their snack/dinner; parent volunteers will be on site to supervise them.
- You are welcome to provide your children with something to keep them occupied, but please note we are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No parent is allowed inside the theatre when dropping-off kids, unless they are on the “day of” volunteer list. No exceptions.
- No parent is allowed backstage before or during the performance unless they are on the “day of” backstage volunteer list. No exceptions.
- The show will be around 2 hours long and will include two acts. Performers in each act will sit in the audience while the other performs so they may enjoy the show as well. These students will sit in a group and shall be watched over by parent volunteers – they may not join you at your seats. We will have a 15-minute intermission between Act 1 and Act 2. Please enjoy the snacks and drinks that will be for sale in the courtyard. Please NO FOOD or DRINKS inside the theater.
- Directions to the Lincoln Theater: Take Imperial Ave and turn right on S. Willie James Jones Ave, and park in the parking garage off Franklin Ave, walk north to the Theater (#900 on the map below).
Purchase Tickets Here! A ticket purchased online will have a designated seat reserved for you. No need to rush to reserve seats!
$5 Adults (ages 14+)
$4 Kids (ages 3-13)
Online tickets are on sale until Wednesday, March 13th at midnight. After this time, tickets can be purchased at Lincoln High School Auditorium: $6 adults and $5 kids
Other relevant information:
- As you may imagine, all students participating in the show are FREE. They get to watch the show from the audience during the act they are not in.
- All volunteers who work the night of the show are also FREE. However, volunteers’ seats will be in the back with the performers that are waiting for their act. So, if you would like to have specific seats (for example, front and center seats or next to your family) you must purchase them.
- During purchase you choose tickets to be printed at home, available on your mobile device or ready for pick up at Will Call on the night of the show.
We need everyone to help out. Please sign up for a shift:
Please let us know if you have any questions.