What makes McKinley Great?
Volunteers are paramount to the success of all the Parent-Teacher Club programs & events. There are many ways in which you can be involved. You can join a specific committee and help all year long, volunteer to help for a specific event during the year, or volunteer to help the day of an event, when the greatest number of people are needed. There are also opportunities to “work behind the scenes” if your schedule doesn’t allow you to help during the day. Whatever your interests, you’ll find an opportunity to help, and it’s a great way to get to know other parents at the school. Please also visit the Volunteer Requirements page.
2018-2019 Volunteer Opportunities
Listed below is a summary of the volunteer needs. If you’re interested in joining a specific committee, please contact one of the co-chairs for that committee. There is something for every interest. Contact Us for more information on any of the open positions.
- Communications Committee Member – the Communications team is looking for a content editor for the mckinleyptc.org blog. We have a couple of blog posters that work as a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail. Please contact Bridgette Tullis if you’re interested.
- Morning Running Club – McKinley’s Running Club– Do you love running or jogging? Do you want to help get our students more focused to start school in the morning? Join the McKinley’s Running Club committee this year! We are looking for parents to help organize this year’s Running Club, so our students can continue to enjoy McKinley’s track! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Room Parent – The Room Parents (RPs) are responsible for communicating school and classroom news & activities to the classroom families. You’ll receive school news / messages to forward from the RP Coordinator. RPs and their Teachers coordinate on how to communicate classroom news / messages to the families. RPs recruit and delegate classroom needs. (i.e. ask for volunteers, supplies, field trip chaperones, class parties, etc.) Contact the Room Parent Coordinator if you are interested.
- SoNo Fest & Chili Cook-Off Committee – multiple committee positions are open. This is one of our largest fundraisers and requires all hands on deck! Please visit the SoNo Fest Committee Positions for more details.
Sign up, now!
- 5th Grade Fundraisers
- After School Enrichment Program
- Art Program
- Green Day (Beautification Committee)
- McKinley Theater Company
- SoNo Fest & Chili Cook-Off
- Spring Gala
- Variety Show
- Weekly Papers
View all volunteer committees and programs, along with contact information in our guide.