Description: The Community Outreach committee spearheads the effort to promote McKinley Elementary and spread the news about accomplishments and events to the North Park community to both maximize enrollment of neighborhood children and to increase visibility of the school’s achievements. The committee also includes a marketing sub-committee that will focus on the production and organization of promotional materials.
Goals: The primary goal of this committee is to maximize visibility of McKinley to the greater North Park community including families, businesses, and other community organizations. The committee will also work to establish partnerships/friendly relationships with existing community entities.
- Promote and maximize enrollment of neighborhood elementary children. Through coordination of marketing materials and activities, educate local parents about McKinley’s achievements and events.
- Work to establish annual activities that may or may not be repeated in future years. Initial ideas include walk-abouts, parent tours, ongoing submittals of articles to local newspapers such as North Park News and websites for North Park Community Association and North Park Main Street.
- Interact with alumni group.
- Distribute promotional materials
- Help organize activities that promote our school
- Volunteer to promote McKinley at community events, such as the North Park Toyland Parade and the Festival of the Arts
Chair: Volunteer Needed
For Items for Local Press Coverage and Public Relations:
Jon Rogers- email@example.com