58TH ANNUAL MCKINLEY VARIETY SHOW
March 14th, 2019 at Lincoln High School Auditorium.
- Students in K-5 can participate in the show.
- Everyone MUST register by Friday, January 11th, 2019 midnight.
- Need help with registration? Have questions? Email email@example.com
- Volunteers with laptops and internet access will be available in the school’s library from 7:00-8:00 am, and 3:00-4:00 pm on Tuesday, January 8th and Wednesday, January 9th.
- If you need alternative arrangements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Si necesita ayuda para llenar esta forma o tiene preguntas acerca del show, con gusto le podemos ayudar. Por favor mande un correo a Cecilia Tajonar, email@example.com
CALENDAR (Try-outs and big group rehearsals information)
Night Of (TBA)
FIRST TIME TRYING OUT? Check out videos from previous shows
BE UNIQUE AND HAVE FUN DEVELOPING YOUR ACT FOR THE SHOW!
– Please try and choose something unique and different; poetry readings, comedy, magic tricks, story-telling, instrumental pieces, multi-cultural dances, etc.
-All performances, lyrics, dance movements, language, and costumes MUST BE elementary school appropriate and respectful. Remember to check out KidzBop for some family- friendly alternatives.
– Acts will be accepted on a first-come basis. There will be no repetition of songs so we may work with kids to combine acts.
– The songs, “Faith” by Stevie Wonder and Ariana Grande, “Jump in the Line” by Harry Belafonte, “Jurassic Park: Main Title Theme” by John Williams, “Jai Ho” by A.R. Rahman and “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman will be used for our two big group numbers so they will not be allowed for any individual acts.
-Check out this link to get lyrics for “This is Me”
-Parents/Guardians: please note that if students do not finalize their acts, they will be part of the big group numbers only.
– There are time limits: solo acts are 1 MINUTE, group acts about 2 MINUTES. (Solo acts will be cut off at 1:10, and group acts of 2-3 people at 2:05, NO EXCEPTIONS!)
-Enjoy putting together your act, come prepared to your try-out and good luck!
INFORMATION FOR M.C.S (MASTERS OF CEREMONY) 5TH GRADERS ONLY
MANDATORY PARENT/GUARDIAN/VOLUNTEER PARTICIPATION
It is important to have parents/guardians involved in the production of our school variety show. When completing the registration, PLEASE make sure to review the areas you can help out and check all that apply.
After the tryouts, we will send more information about volunteer assignments. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
When we work together on the Variety Show, it is important to maintain a safe and respectful environment. Behavior that is unsafe or disrespectful is not acceptable. When completing the registration, PLEASE make sure to review the commitment agreement with your child/children.
– Friday, January 11th – Registration is DUE
– Monday/Wednesday, January 14th and 16th – Try-outs
– Thursday, January 17th – MC Try-outs
– Monday/ Wednesday, January 23rd- March 11th – Rehearsals (by group – see calendar)
– Monday/ Wednesday, March 4th and 6th – Act 1 and Act 2 Dress Rehearsal
– Tuesday/Wednesday, March 12th and 13th –Act 1 and Act 2 School Performance
– Thursday, March 14th at 6:00 pm – Performance at Lincoln High School Auditorium (4:30 Drop off)