APPLICATION PERIOD: September 12th – 15th (online only)
The McKinley School Foundation and McKinley Parent Teacher Club are pleased to offer After School Enrichment (ASE) Program classes this Spring semester. The ASE Program is comprised of classes offered by various organizations. Parent volunteers coordinate these classes for the convenience of McKinley families.
Classes will meet on Thursdays for 8 weeks September 26th -November 14th. Classes will be offered in two sessions:
- Session A, 12:20 – 1:20 pm
- Session B, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
FALL ASE Registration starts Thursday, September 12th at 7:30 am!
Online applications will be available on a first come, first serve basis starting September 12th at 7:30 am. You will be notified immediately by the online application if your child been accepted into the class. Each class has limited spots available, varying between 10 to 24 students per class. The application form will only accept payment if your child is successfully registered. Once you have paid and registered, there is no changing classes. There are no refunds for ASE classes.
Due to instructor changes, we needed to cancel two classes. Ceramics and Tennis will not be offered this Fall. We repeat – there is no Ceramics or Tennis for ASE Fall 2019.
The updated class offerings are as follows:
Fall 2019 ASE Schedule
|Session A||Session B|
|Art – $100||K-2nd||3rd-5th|
|Capoeira – $80||3rd-5th||K-2nd|
|Ceramics – $80||CANCELLED||CANCELLED|
|Chess – $100||TK-5 2nd-5th||TK-5th|
|Circus Arts – $95||TK-5th||TK-5th|
|Coding – $105||2nd-5th||2nd-5th|
|Flamenco – $70||TK-5th||TK-5th|
|Gardening – $70||K-5th||K-5th|
|Legos 1 – $95||TK-2nd||—|
|Legos 2 – $95||—||2nd-5th|
|Science Detectives – $95||TK-5th||TK-5th|
|Soccer – $100||3rd-5th||TK-2|
|Tennis – $135||CANCELLED||CANCELLED|
|Yoga – $75||TK-5th||TK-5th|
- Review Fall 2019 program and schedule – ASE Fall 2019
- Review ASE Class Descriptions with your child. Select a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Note that grade ranges will be strictly enforced.
- Have your credit card or debit card ready to pay through Square.
- Know your child’s teacher’s last name.
- Have ready email addresses & phone numbers for 2 parents/guardians or another emergency contact as it will be required.
- Complete the online form at ASE: Apply & Pay Online .Note that full classes will appear in gray.
- You must complete the payment step for your child to be enrolled.
- You will receive a confirmation of your class selections and a separate email confirming your payment.
- Classes will fill up on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, so don’t delay.
- Please review the options with your child(ren) ahead of the application window. 75% of registrations happen in the first 10 minutes!
- Make sure that you sign up for the correct class according to your child’s age/grade. If you will be dropped from your selection if your child does not meet enrollment criteria.
- Continue to check the registration page until Sunday, September 15th as spots may open up.
Please consider donating to the ASE scholarship fund so that we can make this program available to as many students as possible.
We need volunteers to help with escorting TK, K & 1st-grade students on Thursdays. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/OHwvaXJ
If you have questions about volunteering for ASE Thursdays, please send an email to email@example.com, subject line “Volunteering.”
McKinley ASE Committee:
- Blair Hartwell (Chair)
- Kristen Peairs
- Helen Chan
- Donna Maytum
- Clare Crawford
- Pauline Treviño
- Tom Hartwell
For more information, to volunteer, or to donate to future programs, please contact the ASE Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.