The ASE Program is comprised of classes offered by various organizations. Parent volunteers coordinate these classes for the convenience of McKinley families.
Classes will meet on Thursdays for 8 weeks January 24th – March 14th. Classes will be offered in two sessions:
• Session A, 12:20 – 1:20 pm
• Session B, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
This program is open to all McKinley students in grades TK-5th, including students that participate in the onsite childcare programs (Primetime or Character Builders). Please note that you may need to notify your site director that your child has your permission to participate.
SPRING ASE Registration starts Wednesday, January 9th at 7:30 am!
Online applications will be available on a first come, first serve basis starting January 9th at 7:30 am. You will be notified immediately by the online application if your child been accepted into the class. Each class has limited spots available, varying between 10 to 20 students per class. The application form will only accept payment if your child is successfully registered.
Once you have paid and registered, there is no changing classes. Keep checking back on the registration page as spots may open up.
1. Review Spring 2019 program and schedule.
2. Review Class Descriptions with your child. Select a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Note that grade ranges will be strictly enforced.
3. Have your credit card or debit card ready to pay through Square.
4. Know your child’s teacher’s last name.
5. Have ready email addresses & phone numbers for 2 parents/guardians or another emergency contact as it will be required.
1. Complete the online form at ASE: Apply & Pay Online. (Note that full classes will appear in gray.)
2. You must complete the payment step for your child to be enrolled.
3. You will receive a confirmation of your class selections and a separate email confirming your payment.
• Classes will fill up on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, so don’t delay.
• Please review the options with your child(ren) ahead of the application window. Some classes fill up very quickly.
• Make sure that you sign up for the correct class according to your child’s age/grade. If you will be dropped from your selection if your child does not meet enrollment criteria.
• Continue to check the registration page until Sunday, January 13th as spots may open up.
Please consider donating to the ASE scholarship fund so that we can make this program available to as many students as possible.
If you have questions about volunteering for ASE Thursdays, please send an email to email@example.com, subject line “Volunteering.”