Monday, June 10th:
- Please remember to return your ballot for the open McKinley Foundation seat. The deadline is Monday, June 10th.
- After a combined 78 years of teaching, Ms. Stephenson and Mr. Pike are retiring. YEAH for them, but very sad for all of us. On Monday, please have your child wear a Hawaiian shirt (if they have one) and shorts to honor Mr. Pike, and if you or one of your children has had either teacher, please have them write a note to say thank you and what they remember most about them. We will be presenting them with apple trees and will be hanging the notes on the trees. If you can attach the note to some string so we can tie it on the tree, that would be great!
- 3rd Grade Field Day, 10:00 am
- 5th Grade Challenge, 1:30 pm. Fifth graders compete against staff in a variety of games. The entire school is invited to attend.
- Albertsons Healthy Eating essay contest. Fourth grader Lauren Clark’s essay was selected from many entries countywide in the Albertsons Healthy Eating essay contest, and because of her talent, McKinley School is the recipient of $1,000 in Albertsons Gift Cards! Rick Smith, our North Park Albertsons Store Director, will present the gift cards to the school on Monday. In addition, Lauren receives healthy fruit party platters to share with Mr. Pike’s class, four passes to the San Diego County Fair, a $50 Albertsons gift card for her family and an opportunity to read her essay at the fair on June 8th. Congratulations Lauren and thank you North Park Albertsons!
Tuesday, June 11th
- 4th Grade Field Day, 10:00 am
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, 11:00 am, Auditorium. Parents, please come at 9:15 am to help decorate and set up. Donations of flowers and potted plants are requested to decorate the stage and photo area. Thanks!
- Last day of the 2012-2013 school year!